Monday, September 26, 2011

REVIEW: Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

Title: Living Dead Girl
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Date Published: September 2, 2008
Page Count: 170 pages
Year Read: 2011
Goodreads Synopsis: Once upon a time, I was a little girl who disappeared. Once upon a time, my name was not Alice. Once upon a time, I didn’t know how lucky I was. When Alice was ten, Ray took her away from her family, her friends her life. She learned to give up all power, to endure all pain. She waited for the nightmare to be over. Now Alice is fifteen and Ray still has her, but he speaks more and more of her death. He does not know it is what she longs for. She does not know he has something more terrifying than death in mind for her. This is Alice’s story. It is one you have never heard, and one you will never, ever forget.

My Review: Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott when I first saw reviews of this book being so gruesome. I expected nothing less and ended up putting this novel in such a high scale. I imaged it being a very gruesome book enough to make me WANT to check it right away, but after reading this novel I was extremely disappointed because in my opinion it wasn't an all-gruesome book.

I feel like if most people were to “unbanned” this book and gave it a try they could see kidnapping in a whole new way. Because most teenaged girls just cannot see how they CAN get kidnapped if they are not too careful with their information. Though this book never truly explains how she got there but all I could say is with this imagery and how painful this girl lives her life. In my opinion will allow young girls to see what could happened to them if they are not careful… a serious subject I know but people could have more of an opened mined when they read this novel. I know this subject may have been unreadable for some people but for me it wasn’t. It was more understandable feeling towards the protagonist. Especially after seeing things the way the protagonist did and it made me feel like I was in her situation.

Come on, who would want to live the way she did? I know I wouldn't and if given the chance to leave… I too, would have looked for someone to take my place even if it was just a five year old. If it wasn’t clear already this novel is basically about a girl who has been kidnapped and lives with a man who treats her as if she did not have feelings may be the clean way to but it. And the protagonist will do anything to be let free. I believe I would have enjoyed this novel if I did not expect so much from it but at the every least it is a novel I would never forget.

My Rate: ★★★☆☆
Overall (Goodreads) Rate: 3.85 Stars
( o u t . o f . f i v e . stars)

Year Read: 2010
[ Check out @ Goodreads ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently Reading:

The Battle of the Labyrinth
Smart Girls Think Twice
Summer at Tiffany
The Haunting of Hill House
Rot & Ruin
Misery


Geisha Cielos's favorite books »

Book Rating System

★★★★★ - It was AMAZING!! (WHY HAVEN'T YOU READ THIS?!?!?!
★★★★☆ - REALLY liked it (You must check it out!)
★★★☆☆ - Liked it (Of course... you'll most likely like this.)
★★☆☆☆ - It was okay (hmm... you may like this.)
★☆☆☆☆ - Didn't like it (Why did I read this? Who would like this?)

Popular Posts

Manga/Comics Rating System.

CATEGORIES
- Story
- Art
- Character
- Enjoyment
- Overall

SCORING SYSTEM
10 Outstanding
9 Great
8 Very Goodv 7 Good
6 Fair
5 Mediocre (not very good)
4 Decent
3 Poor
2 Dreadful
1 Pathetic
http://myanimelist.net/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Personal Blog | ♥ | Media Review Blog
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Instagram

Looking for Something?