Author(s): by Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm
1st Published: 2005
Genre: Children's Fiction, Graphic Novel, Comedy,
Page Count: Paperback, 95 pages
Finish Reading: November, 2012
First Page(s): Click to See
Synopsis: Babymouse is a sassy young mouse with an attitude problem. She dreams of being queen of the world, but would settle for an invite to Felicia Furrypaws' slumber party. Will Babymouse be invited? Will her best friend forgive her if she misses their monster-movie marathon? Read Babymouse Queen of the World to find out!
My twelve year old sister picked this book up from the library and told me to read it. So I did, and I enjoyed it. It's a cute graphic novel about a mouse who wants to be "queen of the world" haha… she actually just wants to be noticed by the popular girls therefore wanting to be invited to a slumper party that is hosted by the "queen bee" of her school. Though this story is an over used story line the way it was approached was really entertaining for a graphic novel that is less the 100 pages long. The ending was pretty refreshing. Overall it was an enjoyed read. I would recommend it to kids of every age. Especially since each character may represent someone they know from their daily school life.
• Cliché story line, but it had a cute approach to it.
• The name "Babymouse" seems very ehh… to me. Kind of wish they were more creative to the naming the main character.
• I loved baby mouses personality, she is just so independent and learns from her mistakes. :D
• I loved the graphics… the color scheme was just beautiful. (pink & black really work well together.)
• Nice approach to a over used storyline.
• Also liked the cute side "comic-y" storylines… (ex. Cinderella, Frankenstein, etc...)
• I like how it teaches kids to be themselves and to choose your own friends over people you hardly know.
VIDEO REVIEW: none.
MY FAVORITE QUOTE(S):
“'A Banana?' 'They were out of pumpkins.'”― Queen of the World!, Babymouse
it was an enjoyed read. I would recommend it to kids of every age. :D
My Rating: ★★★☆☆
Overall (Goodreads) Rating: 3.87 Stars
( o u t . o f . f i v e . stars)
[ Check out @ Goodreads ]