Wednesday, July 11, 2012

REVIEW: Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

Title: Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Author: Jeff Kinney
1st Published: 2007
Genre: Children's Book
Page Count: Paperback, 217 pages
RE-Read: July, 2012
Series Diary of a Wimpy Kid #1
First Line: SEMPTEMBER/ Tuesday / First of all, let me get something straight: Thisis a JOURNAL, not a diary.
#Enjoyable :)

Goodreads Synopsis: Boys don’t keep diaries—or do they?

The launch of an exciting and innovatively illustrated new series narrated by an unforgettable kid every family can relate

It’s a new school year, and Greg Heffley finds himself thrust into middle school, where undersized weaklings share the hallways with kids who are taller, meaner, and already shaving. The hazards of growing up before you’re ready are uniquely revealed through words and drawings as Greg records them in his diary.

In book one of this debut series, Greg is happy to have Rowley, his sidekick, along for the ride. But when Rowley’s star starts to rise, Greg tries to use his best friend’s newfound popularity to his own advantage, kicking off a chain of events that will test their friendship in hilarious fashion.

REVIEW
So one day my sister bought all the books that were out of the series. And at that time there were only four out... I believe. Let me just say she adores the series. No, correction I mean she LOVES the series... to the point that she wants to own hard copies of the books. This book is okay I was debating on whether to give it four stars or three stars. I ended up giving this book four stars because by the end of it... I wanted to give the character the benfit of the doubt.

In other words I wanted to see how main character's personality developments throughout the series , because in this book... he is so childish... to the point that he is willing to do other stuff to make people like him. And that is not something I like in a person... because in my opinion NO ONE CARES about how you live your life. I mean sure some people know more people then others, but that doesn't mean anything in the very end. So as you could probably tell I had issues with the main character's personality. So I guess I'll see how he's personality evolves by the end of the story.

Don't get me wrong I know that some middle schoolers may feel this way at one point or another or maybe they feel this way through out middle school or even high school. I know I did at one point... but then one day I realized... that none of those other people mattered.... at longest I like myself and of course that my true friends like how I am... I would be fine... That's why I want to see how the author makes the main character grow.

Note: I reviewed this book like if I was the aimed audience.

NEGATIVES:
1. I dislike how the main character treats his friends.
2. Characters are werid... (but I guess that's the point... to engage younger readers...)
3. The whole cheese thing doesn't make sense to me.

POSITIVES:
1. This book is so silly it mades me laugh
2. It made me want to read the next one.
3. The way this is written is fine for the aimed audience.
4. It's easy to get through.
5. I like how Rowley is comfortable with himself, and that's why people tend to like him. Unlike Greg that tries to hard.
6. The illustrations are NICE//Funny.
7. It teaches kids life is not always fair.

VIDEO REVIEW:
Will review as a series as a whole.

MY FAVORITE QUOTE(S):
“I'll be famous one day, but for now I'm stuck in middle school with a bunch of morons." - Greg Heffley,”
“The best person I know is Myself.” ?
― Jeff Kinney, Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Overall
This book is an enjoyable read. I recommend it to anyone
who likes to read children's books and journal type of reads.
Note. This book has a quite ridiculously story about a middle school kid's life.

My Rating: ★★★★☆
Overall (Goodreads) Rating: 3.92 Stars
( o u t . o f . f i v e . stars)

[ Check out @ Goodreads ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently Reading:

The Battle of the Labyrinth
Smart Girls Think Twice
Summer at Tiffany
The Haunting of Hill House
Rot & Ruin
Misery


Geisha Cielos's favorite books »

Book Rating System

★★★★★ - It was AMAZING!! (WHY HAVEN'T YOU READ THIS?!?!?!
★★★★☆ - REALLY liked it (You must check it out!)
★★★☆☆ - Liked it (Of course... you'll most likely like this.)
★★☆☆☆ - It was okay (hmm... you may like this.)
★☆☆☆☆ - Didn't like it (Why did I read this? Who would like this?)

Popular Posts

Manga/Comics Rating System.

CATEGORIES
- Story
- Art
- Character
- Enjoyment
- Overall

SCORING SYSTEM
10 Outstanding
9 Great
8 Very Goodv 7 Good
6 Fair
5 Mediocre (not very good)
4 Decent
3 Poor
2 Dreadful
1 Pathetic
http://myanimelist.net/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Personal Blog | ♥ | Media Review Blog
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Instagram

Looking for Something?