Friday, July 13, 2012

REVIEW: Diary of a Wimpy Kid Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney

Title: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules
Author: Jeff Kinney
1st Published: February 1st 2008
Genre: Children's Book
Page Count: Paperback, 217 pages
RE-Read: July, 2012
Series: Diary of a Wimpy Kid #2
First Line: SEMPTEMBER/ Monday / I guess mom was pretty proud of herself for making me write in that journal last year, because now she went and bought me another one.
#Comical xD

Goodreads Synopsis: Secrets have a way of getting out, especially when a diary is involved.

Whatever you do, don’t ask Greg Heffley how he spent his summer vacation, because he definitely doesn’t want to talk about it.

As Greg enters the new school year, he’s eager to put the past three months behind him . . . and one event in particular.

Unfortunately for Greg, his older brother, Rodrick, knows all about the incident Greg wants to keep under wraps. But secrets have a way of getting out . . . especially when a diary is involved.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules chronicles Greg’s attempts to navigate the hazards of middle school, impress the girls, steer clear of the school talent show, and most important, keep his secret safe.

REVIEW
So if you read my last review you will know that I kind of made myself read the second book (not that I disliked the first... I just found it a bit silly... STILL funny... but silly.) But this book... I liked it A L O T more then I liked the first one. I can actually relate to this one. Unlike the first one which concentrates on Gregory going to middle school this one has more to do with his family and his brother Rodrick. And some of the stuff in this book that can be hilariously true. The comic strips are my favorite part.

NEGATIVES:
• Greg's constant bandwagon attitude. (But I actually liked him in this book.)

POSITIVES:
• This book was a lot more relatable.
• I enjoyed the plot: Greg dealing with his family and brother.
• This book made me laugh.
• I love the comic strips they are just so funny.
• It was alot better then the first one. (In my opinion.)
• The way this is written is fine for the aimed audience.
• It's easy to get through.
• The illustrations are NICE//Funny.

VIDEO REVIEW:
Will review as a series as a whole.

MY FAVORITE QUOTE(S):
• "'That's the second time you tracked mud into the Kitchen!' (FIRST TIME: SIX YEARS AGO.)" - Greg's Mom talking to Greg.

Overall
This book is an enjoyable read. I recommend it to anyone
who likes to read children's books and journal type of reads.
Note. This book has a quite ridiculously story about a middle school kid's life.

My Rating: ★★★★☆ ½
Overall (Goodreads) Rating: 4.06 Stars
( o u t . o f . f i v e . stars)

[ Check out @ Goodreads ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently Reading:

The Battle of the Labyrinth
Smart Girls Think Twice
Summer at Tiffany
The Haunting of Hill House
Rot & Ruin
Misery


Geisha Cielos's favorite books »

Book Rating System

★★★★★ - It was AMAZING!! (WHY HAVEN'T YOU READ THIS?!?!?!
★★★★☆ - REALLY liked it (You must check it out!)
★★★☆☆ - Liked it (Of course... you'll most likely like this.)
★★☆☆☆ - It was okay (hmm... you may like this.)
★☆☆☆☆ - Didn't like it (Why did I read this? Who would like this?)

Popular Posts

Manga/Comics Rating System.

CATEGORIES
- Story
- Art
- Character
- Enjoyment
- Overall

SCORING SYSTEM
10 Outstanding
9 Great
8 Very Goodv 7 Good
6 Fair
5 Mediocre (not very good)
4 Decent
3 Poor
2 Dreadful
1 Pathetic
http://myanimelist.net/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Personal Blog | ♥ | Media Review Blog
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Instagram

Looking for Something?