Saturday, March 16, 2013

REVIEW: Stitch Head

Stitch Head
Title: Stitch Head (Stitch Head #1)
Author: Guy Bass
Illustrator: Pete Williamson
Published: August 1st 2011 by Stripes
Genre: Middle Grade Science Fiction
Page Count: Paperback, 176 pages
Finish Reading: March, 2013

Goodreads Synopsis: In the maze-like dungeons of Castle Grotteskew, the frightfully insane Professor Erasmus conducts his bizarre experiments on living things. His very first creation has been long forgotten - a small, almost-human creature, known only as Stitch Head. Poor Stitch Head has spent years vying for attention amongst a menagerie of freakish monsters. When a travelling circus ringmaster, Fulbert Freakfinder, promises to make him a star, Stitch Head wonders whether there is another life for him. But first he has to catch the professor's latest creation - a monstrous three-armed creature that's just smashed its way to freedom . . .



DISCLAIMER: E-Book ARC was provided 
by publisher through NetGalley for an honest review.
(These are my actual opinions towards this book.)


MINI-REVIEW: For a middle grade book... I absolutely loved it! :D

REVIEW
I was browsing NetGalley when I came across this middle grade book. What really caught my attention was the cover illustration so I decided to request it and was lucky enough to be accepted. (I try to request books that look like something I would enjoy and I definitely enjoyed this book. I love watching films such as Coraline (2009), Igor (2008), and The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) and I think this is a reason why I enjoyed this book. I like dark, gothic-ie, (middle grade) type of story lines.

I enjoyed this book so much that I just finished in a day. I thought that the storyline was interesting and enjoyable, the characters were nicely brought up. And it was just an overall enjoyable read. So this book started off with Fulbert Freakfinder and his circus of freaks, but nobody seems impressed with his current freaks then a little girl tells him about the evil scientist in the Castle of Grotteskew and of course Fulbert decides to check this out.

On another scene Stitch Head is watching his "master" create another creation this one being bigger and better then the rest once the three-armed creature is fully awake it runs towards the town of Grotteskew and Stitch Head goes out and runs to stop him before the creature destroys the town.

Well I wish I could keep telling more of the storyline but then I would end up telling you the whole story, So would just add that I found the characters to be likable. What I liked about the characters is that I was able to hear what I thought the characters would sound like in my head and that made the book a lot more enjoyable.  It was just an adorably nice gothic-ie read. Loved it and plus the illustrations were gorgeous!: (http://instagram.com/p/XBYSgpjHqH/) I will definitely be picking up an actual copy of this book and the next books in the series as soon as I can get my hands on them.



NEGATIVES:
• None I can think of.

POSITIVES:
• The gothic like illustrates are beautiful.
• What I liked about the characters is that I was able to hear what I thought the characters would sound like in my head and that made the book a lot more enjoyable.
• It was an interesting and enjoyable storyline.
• I loved how Stitch Head is so passionate when it comes to his "Master".
• The characters were memorable. The Creature was my favorite character.

VIDEO REVIEW: none.

MY FAVORITE QUOTE(S):
“Quote” ― Character, Page

OVERALL: I recommend this book to any middle grader or anyone who likes middle grade science fiction. Also people who enjoy works such as Coraline (2009), Igor (2008), and The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993). 

My Rating: ★★★★★
Overall (Goodreads) Rating: 3.90 Stars
( o u t . o f . f i v e . stars)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently Reading:

The Battle of the Labyrinth
Smart Girls Think Twice
Summer at Tiffany
The Haunting of Hill House
Rot & Ruin
Misery


Geisha Cielos's favorite books »

Book Rating System

★★★★★ - It was AMAZING!! (WHY HAVEN'T YOU READ THIS?!?!?!
★★★★☆ - REALLY liked it (You must check it out!)
★★★☆☆ - Liked it (Of course... you'll most likely like this.)
★★☆☆☆ - It was okay (hmm... you may like this.)
★☆☆☆☆ - Didn't like it (Why did I read this? Who would like this?)

Popular Posts

Manga/Comics Rating System.

CATEGORIES
- Story
- Art
- Character
- Enjoyment
- Overall

SCORING SYSTEM
10 Outstanding
9 Great
8 Very Goodv 7 Good
6 Fair
5 Mediocre (not very good)
4 Decent
3 Poor
2 Dreadful
1 Pathetic
http://myanimelist.net/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Personal Blog | ♥ | Media Review Blog
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Instagram

Looking for Something?